An application to redevelop the youth hostel on Commercial Road has been submitted to Tower Hamlets council.
Many local people have got in touch with Cllr James King about how the site is currently a hub for anti-social behaviour and with worries about what impact increasing the hostel capacity will have.
Each room in the new hostel will be a double room, with no dormitory space. This means it should have the planning policies of a hotel applied to it. Hotels should be placed in or near town centres; not residential areas such as this.
Agree with the objection? Please sign the petition below.
Please email Cllr King on email@example.com if you have any further queries.
- The site is an unsuitable place for a hostel
- Local streets could not cope with additional HGV traffic
- The existing hostel is a centre for anti-social behaviour, which could be increased with further capacity
- Local heritage has not been taken in account. Especially the impact on Our Lady Immaculate and St Frederick’s church
- The light to nearby residential blocks will be restricted
- There is not a suitable air quality plan”